Tech Lead Backend (m/f/x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinEngineering
We are looking for a Tech Lead Backend who will take full ownership of crucial backend engineering activities at Kadmos. You should expect to be right in the cockpit of a high-growth start-up, getting the exciting opportunity to write high-quality code and keep on top of novel technologies. Your responsibilities will include building and maintaining micro-service landscapes, ensuring the efficiency and speed of current applications, troubleshooting and debugging, and overseeing infrastructure. Ideally, you have been exposed to some leadership responsibilities and you believe in your leadership potential and would like to further expand and develop your leadership skills. Join us and become part of our journey to empower the lives of millions!
What you’ll be doing
- Own the backend. Your tasks will include crucial backend activities such as the generation of reusable libraries, conceptualization, and implementation of complex banking components, integration with different service providers, etc.
- Lead the team. Take on the role of a lead in one of our key product teams.
- Be independent. You'll be given complete independence in your areas of responsibility and should take full ownership of your areas of responsibility, playing a central part in our success.
- Growth. You will directly experience and take part in the scale-up of a high-growth business.
- Make a difference. You will have an opportunity to tangibly improve the lives of millions of migrant workers.
- Attractive compensation & stock options. We want you to feel happy about your remuneration and be able to participate in our growth potential.
- Latest equipment. We provide state-of-the-art technology for you to perform at your very best.
- Free lunch. As a member of the team, you get to order the food of your choice on a daily basis.
- Great environment. We have just as many nationalities as we have employees in our team.
- Fantastic location. We have a brand-new office located right in the heart of Berlin.
- Team events. We have regular social events where we all spend time and have fun together as a team.
- Flexibility. We are open for remote work 1-2 days a week.
- 8+ years of professional experience in Java software development.
- Master's degree from a top university in computer science or related subjects.
- You have mastered coding in Java and are proficient in Spring Boot. You have a deep understanding of current frameworks, SDKs, API standards, and libraries.
- You follow engineering best practices. You regularly apply design patterns and testability methods; you are highly experienced in writing unit, integration, and performance tests with tools such as Junit, Spock, Testcontainers, etc.
- You are proactive, ambitious, and a team player. We are interested in highly motivated engineers with the ability to lead others.
- Fluency in English.
- Nice to have: high familiarity with React.
- Nice to have: previous work experience(s) in building FinTech products and/or banking backend systems.