General Counsel (m/f/x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinLegal
We are looking for a General Counsel who will shape the entire legal team at Kadmos and be in charge of licensing and coordinating external legal advisors. As an innovative fintech that seeks to disrupt the status quo in several distinct industries and geographic locations, the optimal identification and execution of legal challenges are paramount to our success and growth.
Since we’re an early-stage company, you will need to be comfortable with change as well as be willing to bring new ideas to the table. Join us and become part of our journey to empower the lives of millions!
What you’ll be doing
- Build from scratch. Be the first person in the internal legal team and set up the entire function accordingly.
- Be hands on. Be the one doing a major part of Kadmos legal work.
- Manage legal efforts. Independently coordinate the cooperation and communication with external legal advisors.
- Regulations & licensing. Own and coordinate the process of getting us relevant payment licenses.
- Take care of contracts. Draft contracts and engage in negotiations with key financial service providers and other partners.
- Support the product expansion. Engage in the legal conception of new financial products (e.g. crediting, crypto, etc.).
- Advise the founders. Help the founders consistently iterate upon strategic decisions by providing personal legal opinions.
- Make a difference. You will have an opportunity to tangibly improve the lives of millions of migrant workers.
- Attractive compensation & stock options. We want you to feel happy about your remuneration and be able to participate in our growth potential.
- Latest equipment. We provide state-of-the-art technology for you to perform at your very best.
- Free lunch. As a member of the team, you get to order the food of your choice on a daily basis.
- Great environment. We have just as many nationalities as we have employees in our team.
- Fantastic location. We have a brand-new office located right in the heart of Berlin.
- Team events. We have regular social events where we all spend time and have fun together as a team.
- Flexibility. We are open for remote work 1-2 days a week.
- 5+ years of professional experience in areas of corporate, banking or M&A law either in a law firm or in the legal department of a major financial services provider.
- Successful completion of the first and second German state examinations in law with above-average results (”befriedigend” or better).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multijurisdictional environment.
- Project management experience managing legal work and coordinating with external law firms.
- Ambitious character with a strong interest in the global fintech scene and eager to help us reach our strategic goals.
- Fluency in English and German.